Casino Lisboa and the Poker King Club, in partnership with the Asian Poker Tour (or APT), are pleased to announce that APT’s closing event, the APT Finale 2016, is set to be held in Macau from December 7th – 15th, 2016. The nine-day finale will be held at the tournament area of the Crystal Palace Poker Room in Casino Lisboa.
In just two short months following the APT Macau comeback festival held in October, Casino Lisboa and Poker King Club are both very excited to once again host another thrilling poker festivity. Aside from the highlight event namely, the HK $11,000 buy-in APT Finale Macau Main Event, the festival will once again open with the HK $300,000 Guaranteed Poker King Cup. This December’s event will also feature a special event and Poker King Club staple, the Super High Rollers. Capping off the festivities would be the Players’ Party, which sets out to celebrate, not only the end of the event, but also the end to a great year for poker.
APT Finale Macau Main Event
This October’s event saw China’s Guo Dong capture the HKD 22,000 buy-in APT Macau Main Event Champion title, along with the prize money, a trophy, and an APT Champion Ring, which is exclusive to APT Champions only. This time around, the Main Event buy-in will be priced at HKD 11,000, while the last of the trophies and silver bands of the year are up for grabs. Here are the details of the upcoming APT Finale Macau Main Event:
- Day 1A – Saturday, December 10th
- Day 1B – Sunday, December 11th
- Day 2 – Monday, December 12th
- Day 3 – Tuesday, December 13th (race to the Final 8)
- Final Day – Wednesday, December 14th
For those looking to get into the main at a lower cost, Main Event satellites will be offered daily leading up to it.
APT Finale Macau 2016 side events
A wide variety of side events will be offered at the festival, with buy-ins ranging from HKD 1,100 to HKD 200,000. While there are staple APT events on the roster, with the best structures to boast, there are also exciting new ones that have been added to the list. Here’s a rundown of all the events to expect:
- Poker King Cup Opening Event HKD 300,000 Guaranteed is one of the most popular events in the roster. Players get an early start to try and win a big piece of the guarantee. Winning this will certainly set you up with a healthy bankroll for the rest of the week. Both entry flights will be held on the same day. This is a two-day event. Buy-in is HKD 2,200
- Head Hunter 1,000/Bounty is another highly popular event with action fast and brutal at the onset as players try to earn multiple bounties. Buy-in is HKD 4,400
- High Rollers – although this event traditionally has a smaller field, it does bring out the big guns to the felt; this a two-day event, buy-in is HKD 33,000
- Monster Stack – players seek out this event for its deep starting stack allowing for a lot of playing time and a nice hefty payout; this is a two-day event, buy-in is HKD 8,800
- No Limit Hold’em events ranging from HKD 2,200 – HKD 4,400
- Ante Up for Charity – play poker for a cause, buy-in is HKD 1,500
- Deep Stack Turbo events are some of the most enjoyable tournaments to enter with buy-ins ranging from HKD 1,100 – HKD 2,200
- Six-Handed Turbo w/Antes is one of the last events of the festival and is the only short-handed event offered. Buy-in is HKD 2,200
The newest tournaments on the roster include:
- Main Warm Up (NEW) – this is a two-day event to help get in the groove before the main. Buy-in is HKD 7,700.
- Super High Rollers (Special Event) – there has been a big demand for this type of event within the past few years and is a welcome addition to the APT roster; this is a two-day event with a buy-in of HKD 200,000 + 3%.
Cash Games in the Tournament Area
Throughout the festival, cash games will also be running 24 hours at the Crystal Palace Poker room. On top of the usual cash game tables in the poker room on the 2nd Floor of Crystal Palace Casino, there will be also be an additional three cash game tables in the Tournament Area, which would offer games starting from blinds 10/25 and up. Whether you’re looking to play the tournament or cash game of any blind level, you’re welcome to come up to the Tournament Area at level 3 or Crystal Palace Casino.
As the APT Finale 2016 Macau is just right around the corner, make sure to start booking your flights and accommodations now. Special player rates at the iconic Grand Lisboa and Hotel Lisboa will be available to book for this event.
Don’t miss your chance to close out the year with style in Macau. See you at the festival!
About Hotel Lisboa Macau
Hotel Lisboa has been running as one of Macau’s most famous hotels since 1970. Perhaps most well-known for its distinctive architectural design, including the famous ‘bird’s cage’, the hotel is a visual delight, blending both Portuguese and Chinese décor, with dazzling chandeliers and glittering mosaics. The hotel is the epitome of old-world luxury, with close to 1,000 rooms and luxurious suites specially designed for total relaxation. Regal and luxurious, all rooms, from the standard rooms, to the presidential suite, have been refurbished and are decorated with rich fabrics and handcrafted furniture, offering modern comfort and convenience
About Poker King Club
Poker King Club, or ‘PKC’, is a leading name in high-stakes poker entertainment in Asia, most associated by longtime followers with its history-making, single-day, $50,000,000 total prize money championship. This earned the brand the title of “Home of the World’s Biggest Game”. Founded in 2009, the club currently has rooms in Macau, Manila and Jeju. In addition to its steps in the cash game industry, PKC has also partnered and collaborated with many tournament platforms to provide a long range of tournament services, including Asian Poker Tour.