In just a week’s time, the Asian Poker Tour, in partnership with the Poker King Club and SJM, will be returning to Asia’s gambling mecca, the autonomous region of Macau, for the APT Macau 2016. Running from October 19-25, 2016, this weeklong event will be held at the famous Casino Lisboa, undoubtedly one of the most elegant upscale hotel casinos in Macau. APT Executive Tournament Director, Lloyd Fontillas, expressed his thoughts on the upcoming event,
“It will be great to get back to Macau. It has been three years since we were last there. We wanted it, the players wanted it, the partners as well. Everybody is excited. This event is the key element of the pie for us to be back in the gambling mecca of Asia.”
The much-awaited APT Macau 2016 will feature thirteen very lucrative side events and the highlight event, the HKD 22,000 Main Event. Here’s a look at the exciting events of the festival:
- The APT Macau Main Event will be held over five days and has an entry fee of HKD 22,000.
- The weeklong event opens up with the Poker King Cup HKD 300,000 Guaranteed event. There are two starting flights, both of them held on opening day, at 1pm and 5pm. The entry fee is HKD 2,200. This is a scheduled two-day event.
- The highly popular Head Hunter event takes place on the second day of the festival with an entry fee of HKD 4,400. This event is a huge crowd favorite with players enjoying an immediate cash reward of HKD 1,000 bounty for every head scalped.
- The APT also aims to help out the community by hosting a charity event at every APT stop. At the APT Macau, the Ante Up for Charity event will help generate funds for Caritas Macau. The charity outreach has been serving the community and greater society for over 60 years focusing on elderly, families, young children, teenagers, education, rehabilitation, counseling hotlines, social reintegration, homelessness, foreign labors, cultural promotion and sponsorship. One third of the total prize pool of this event and 1% of the Main Event prize pool will be donated to the charity.
- The High Rollers event takes place on Thursday, October 20th. This event has consistently attracted the cream of the crop, with pros from all over the world and players hoping to cash in a big pot usually in attendance. Buy-in is HKD 55,000. This is a scheduled two-day event.
- Towards the end of the weeklong festival, the Monster Stack takes place on Monday, October 24th. This is another highly popular event generating big fields. This is a two-day event. Buy-in is HKD 5,500.
- There will also be several varieties of No Limit Hold’em events with buy-ins ranging from HKD 1,100 – HKD 4,400.
- For players looking to get into the Main Event at a cheaper cost, there are several options:
- One Hand Main Event Satellite Step 1s with a HKD 240 entry fee
- Main Event Mega Satellite with an entry fee of HKD 2,400
- Last Chance Main Event “1 in 5” Mega Satellite with a buy-in of HKD 4,800
For the full schedule, the structure, and FAQs, head to the APT Macau 2016 tournament page here.
If you haven’t booked your accommodations yet, the APT will be offering Special APT Player rates at the Grand Lisboa Macau and at the Hotel Lisboa Macau. Rates vary depending on the type of room. Rooms range from HKD 750 – HKD 1,738. For more info and reservations, check out the APT Macau 2016 PokerTourBookings page or contact us via Hotel@TheAsianPokerTour.com.